San Diego International Summer Organ Festival
2020 Program Book Front Cover Open Contest
The Spreckels Organ Society produces the annual San Diego International Organ Festival. Audiences receive a free 48-page Program Book describing the artists and music of the 11-concert season. Concerts vary widely in style from the so-called Classical Music to Rock Tribute Night, Silent Movie Night, American Song Book, Contemporary… and a Beer&Wine Fest as well. Audiences range from 1,200 to 3,500 with an average of 1,800 per concert. In 2020, the Society is holding a public contest for the best festival program book front cover design.
- There is no age restriction. Every art work received following the requirements and specifications here below will be considered by the Jury.
- 2.1 The artwork selected by the Jury will fill the front cover of the SDIOF Book
- 2.2 The winner will be awarded a $300 prize in the form of a check
- 2.3 The winner will also be credited in the Program Book with a profile picture and a 4 lines professional profile text to include contact information if requested by the winner (email, website…)
- 2.4 The jury is not obligated to award a prize
- 2.5 If the winner fails to comply with the requirements of these rules -especially 4.3, the Jury has the right to select another artwork as the new winner with no date restriction.
- 2.6 The Jury’s decision is ﬁnal
- 3.1 Artwork must be submitted by email to: email@example.com with the subject line “Contest Entry”
- 3.2 Submission email should include: Full Name and Phone Number
- 3.3 All submissions should include the statement: “by submitting the current artwork I hereby grant the Spreckels Organ Society unlimited right of use for printing, publication, promotion, publicity or any other media form during 2020 and subsequent years.”
- 3.4 The winning contestant agrees to work with the Spreckels Organ Society through its Executive Director, Artistic Director, Public Relations or any other designated representatives to enable follow-through production on the Program Book and associated publicity
- 4.1 Artwork submission deadline is on or before midnight April 15, 2020
- 4.2 The Jury will use the date and time shown on the e-mail header to establish the submission date and time
- 4.3 Winner will be notified on May 15, 2020 by email. Please conﬁgure any ‘Spam’ or ‘Junkmail’ ﬁlters on your computer to allow you to receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org
5. ARTWORK REQUIREMENTS
- 5.1 Cover size is 5.5 inches horizontal x 8.5 inches vertical
- 5.2 File specs must be RGB or CMYK color / 300 dpi resolution
- 5.3 We will exclusively accept PDF, JPG and PSD file formats
- 5.4 Designs MUST include the following copy anywhere in your design, without change to the words or line breaks shown here:
33rd San Diego International Organ Festival
Monday Evenings 7:30 p.m.
June 29 to September 7
Spreckels Organ Pavilion
Balboa Park, San Diego
No Charge Admission
Spreckels Organ Society logo of minimum but visible size on the bottom right or bottom left corner of the design
- 5.5 Files that do not comply with the above mentioned specifications and copy will not be considered as submitted
- 5.6 Below are links to the logo, to use as per rule 5.4, and to photos which may be used for your inspiration or in your layout if desired. Should you choose to use a photo, please make no alterations except for crops.
- Jean Samuels, SOS President
- Dang Nguyen, SOS Vice-President
- Raúl Prieto Ramírez, SOS Artistic Director and SD Civic Organist
- Lizbeth Price, SOS Public Relations
- Manuel Aguilar, SOS Board of Trustees